-2 13x9 cakes, any flavor
-Something for the base (I used the top of a large shoe box covered in foil)
-4 cups of frosting (2 containers of store bought, or 2 batches of homemade frosting)
-2 lbs of fondant (white or red: I used white that I colored red)
-2 bags of white candy melts
-1/3 cup of corn syrup
-oil-based food coloring (red, pink, black, green, yellow: I used Wilton brand) (also called candy colors)
-Frosting tips (crescent, grass, small circle, big circle)
Step 1: Getting it ready
2. Level the cakes by running a knife parallel to the table over the top of the cake.
3. Cut the cakes in half, like in the picture
4. Put one half of one of the cakes on the base.
5. Use a big, round frosting tip. Fill the bag with frosting, and twist above the frosting. Hold onto the twist while you frost.
6. Frost the whole half of the cake, going back and forth across the surface. Use a generous amount of frosting, but don't apply more than one layer of frosting.
7. Stack a second half on top, and again cover it in frosting. If your frosting bag runs out of frosting, refill it by untwisting the twist and putting more in. (Be careful when you start again because often there is a pocket of air between the original frosting and the new frosting that squirts out onto the cake)
8. Put a third half on, but don't cover it in frosting until you have completed the roof