Allergic to the annoying pollen of flowers? Can't take the overwhelming smell? No problem! A tissue paper flower is a very crafty way to give a very crafty gift to a very crafty friend. Make one and prsent it alongside another gift. Make a bouquet and spray with floral scented perfume!
This is a wonderful gift for friends of any age!
Step 1: Materials
You will need:
Two of full-size tissue paper in 2 different colors
Green pipe cleaner
Step 2: Making the Flower
1. Start with two full sheets of tissue paper in the colors of your preference. One pink and one yellow tissue paper were used for this demonstration.
2. Lay the sheets on top of each other and fold them in half.
3. Open the fold. Cut along the fold to produce two halves. One half will not be used in this project, so store it for another flower or project.
4. Fold the half into a new half. Now cut along this fold. In total there should be 4 sheets of tissue paper.
Step 6: Fold As Accordion.
5. Now stack all four sheets on top of one another. Fold the sheets in accordion style.
6. Once you have an accordion, fold it in half. Be sure to make a sharp crease as a marker for the pipe cleaner.
Step 8: Creating the Stem
7. Now, using the green pipe cleaner, make a stem around your flower. Tie it vertically around the accordion tissue paper.
Step 9: Begin to Form Flower
8. Now you should begin to fold the petals of the flower upward. Begin with the first layer of the accordion; pull it upward so it looks like it cups around the center. Do the same on the other side.
Step 10: Finish the Flower.
9. Finish off. Continue pulling up all of the other layers of the flower. Be sure to cup the petals with your hands to round out the shape of the flower.
Congratulations! You have made your very own flower out of tissue paper. Continue the next steps to make the optional stem leaf!
Step 11: Optional: Stem Leaf
11. To make a small flower petal on your flower, simply twist the pipe cleaner. The stem of you flower, the pipe cleaner, is vertical. Fold it in half, but not all the way; create a loop with the fold of the pipe cleaner.
2. Twist the loop around itself once. Straighten the rest of the stem so that it looks like the stem has a leaf on it.
Now you have it: a tissue paper flower!!