According to dictionary.com hemp, also called Indian hemp, marijuana, is a tall course plant that is native to Asia but naturalized or cultivated in many parts of the world and is the source of a valuable fiber. The tough fiber of this plant is used for making rope.
1 foot = 1 forearm
*the length from your hand to your elbow
hemp string - approx. 14 feet
1 pea-sized bead - wooden, glass, stone, etc.
*make sure you can fit four strands of hemp through the bead's hole
1 pair of jeans
1 safety pin
1 pair of scissors
Step 2: Measure and cut two strands of hemp string:
1. Take an end of string in your hand.
2. Wrap the string around the length of your forearm 3 ½ times.
*approx. 7 feet of string
3. Cut the string at your elbow.
4. Repeat for a second strand.
Caution: Scissors are sharp!
Step 3: Make a loop:
1.Take both strings and fold them end to end.
2.Take all four ends of hemp and hold them in one hand.
3.Take the looped end of hemp in the other hand.
Step 4: Knot the looped end:
Make the loop approximately the size of your pinky tip.
1. Wrap the strands around your index finger once.
2. Cross the strings.
3. Push the loop through the hole made by your index finger.
4. Remove your index finger.
5. Tighten the knot.
Step 5: Pin the loop to your jeans:
Pin the loop to your jeans near your knee cap.
Caution: Safety pin is sharp!
Step 6: Separate two strands of hemp:
1.Take one strand of hemp in your right hand.
Call it strand one.
2.Take another strand of hemp in your left hand.
Call it strand two.
3.Leave two strands in the middle.
Ignore them until step fourteen.
Step 7: Make a half-circle on the left side of the middle strands:
1. Move strand two across the middle strands and across strand one.
2. Place strand one over strand two.
Step 8: Make a half-circle on the right side of the middle strands:
1. Move strand one under the middle strands.
2. Draw strand one through the half-circle on the left.