Introduction: How to Make a Lightsaber With Polly Plastics
Hello Cosplayers, Makers, Star Wars fans. See how Thomas makes a cool Lightsaber with common hardware and flashlight parts, along with Polly Plastics Moldable Plastic.
Step 1: Watch the Video
Step 2: Gather Your Tools and Materials
- Polly Plastics moldable plastic
- 12 inch PVC drain extender
- Sink drain replacement kit
- Random parts (Thomas uses flashlight pieces, Super Soaker parts and metal washers in this build)
- Rust-Oleum Hammered Enamel Paint
- Rub ‘n Buff Wax Metallic Finish – silver and gold
- Super Glue/ contact cement
- Dremel tool
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Cutting tools
- Leather (optional)
Step 3: Assemble Your Parts
- Draw a line on the PVC drain extender about 5” from the smooth end of the tube.
- Use the Dremel to cut off the 5” piece.
- Cut a rectangular slot through PVC part from the drain replacement kit.
- Find your random parts that you can fit onto the PVC pipe. Here Thomas uses Super Soaker parts and flashlight parts. Attach with hot glue.
- Heat ½ cup Polly Plastics moldable plastic, following the usage instructions, and use the molten Polly Plastic to secure your random parts to the PVC pipe and fill in any gaps.
- Continue adding the rest of your random parts. Add enough moldable plastic to smooth and bevel all edges.
- Insert the metal sink drain part into the end of the PVC slotted part.
- Use Super Glue to glue any random metal parts onto other metal parts.
Step 4: Paint/Rub ‘n Buff
- Use Rust-Oleum Hammered Enamel for the base coat for your lightsaber. Do not paint the metal sink drain part that fits into the PVC pipe.
- Brush Rub ‘n Buff over the surface of the painted parts. Add a bit of water to the paste to make it easier to apply. Apply silver and gold to the get the look you want.
Step 5: Final Touches
- Cut a piece of leather and attach it onto the lightsaber handle with contact cement.
- Re-install the metal sink drain part unto the end of the lightsaber.
Step 6: Congrats!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.