Introduction: How to Make a Mosquito Trap
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Mosquitoes will be attracted to accumulated water and lay their eggs in a piece of cloth for spawning.
- Once the mosquito larvae has hatched, they will drop into the water to become adults.
- When the mosquitoes are full grown, they will be too large to fly out and will be trapped inside by a T-shirt.
Watch the Video!
Step 1: Things You Will Need
As you can see on the picture the tools and ingredients are
- a bucket
- a T-shirt（black is better）
- a plastic bottle（500ml）
- a piece of cloth（30 * 50〜80mm）
thumbtack or drill
Step 2: Make a Hole!
Drape the T-shirt over the bucket and make a hole of about φ30mm at the center.
Step 3: Prepare Plastic Bottle
Cut the top off of a plastic bottle with a knife.
A bottle is fixed on a hole of a T-shirt with a tape.
Drape the T-shirt over the bucket and wrap the string around the bucket.
Step 4: Make a Hole for Drainage
Make a hole for drainage in the upper part of a bucket with a thumbtack or drill.
Step 5: Completion!
A piece of cloth is installed in the opening of a plastic bottle for spawning.
Place these traps every where around your home
Watch the Video!!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.