Introduction: How to Make a No-Sew Rey From Star Wars Costume
“You. You’re afraid. That you will never be as strong as Darth Vader.” - Rey, Star Wars: The Force Awakens
We Love Colors presents the most popular costumes for Halloween 2016.
A modern heroine in a classic universe will be one of the most popular female costumes of 2016, Rey.
A scavenger and child who shows her strength with the Resistance as she fights the darkness to bring forth the Light.
Another easy step-by-step tutorial that does not include any sewing, for how to make Rey from Star Wars.
Step 1: How to Make No-Sew Rey Costume
- Cut the sleeves off your long sleeve leotard to make them short sleeves. Measure the sleeve lengths against each other on each side.
- OPTIONAL: Cut off the bottom area of the leotard.
- Cut a small slit in the top center of the neck.
- Cut off the bottom of the footless tights to make into armbands.
- Using imperfect tights, or fabric, make a tube with an opening at the top and bottom.
- Dip dye some gauze in some coffee mixed with water to dye them.
- Put on the leotard.
- Pull on your leggings.
- Wrap yourself with imperfects.
- Have a friend help you wrap the gauze and pull on the arm bands.
- Cut up some more gauze and layer and wrap it around your body. Tie it at the back of your neck.
- Using brown footless tights make a belt.
- Pull on your boots.
- Choose a weapon of your choice.
Step 2: How to Finish Your Rey Costume
Share your costumes with us on social media @welovecolors or using #welovecolorsusa.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.