On this tutorial I will teach you How To recycle a shirt into a casual ruffle Dress. I love making this kind of dresses recycling a shirt or anything I can find in my closet. You can wear it with a pair of platform pumps to look stunning!
- a shirt
- Fabric: Cotton
- Sewing Machine
Step 1: First Step
- Measure from your shoulder to the bust. Mark on the shirt the length.
- Mark as you see in the pictures.
- Now measure from your shoulder to under the bust line
- Mark on the shirt making it one shoulder then cut. That will be the top of the dress.
Step 2: Second Step
- Fold the fabric for this part. Then fold again the length you want for the ruffle.
- Cut and apart to sew later.
- Measure acording to your body to this part, it has to be very loose. See how I did it? :)
- Pin that measure on the fabric
- Fold in half and cut the leftovers as you can see it in the picture.
- First sew the both sides. It would look like a skirt
- Is time time to sew the elastic. Choose a wide elastic for this part. Pin the elastic then sew carefully! :)
- To give the finishing touch... Turn twice the edge of the skirt and sew
- Unite together the top and bottom with the help of a pin, and sew
Step 3: Third Step
Remember the other fabric I first cut? Well that will be the ruffle part.
- Sew the other elastic on the fabric. This will be the ruffle of the top.
- Sew the edges to finish
- For this part a little bit of patience :) Pin the ruffle fabric to the superior part of the top and sew again.