Not everyone lives in a picture-perfect-house-with-a-backyard. Is that a good enough excuse for most of us to not have a garden? Is that good enough reason to not dig our hands in the soil and smell the essence of the earth? Not anymore!
This upcycler's dream garden adds beauty and color even to the smallest dullest balcony! We added it to our soil-less yard.
Here is how to make it:
You will need:
• 1 pallet
• 3 m landscape fabric of weed cloth
• 100 litres potting soil
• 1 staple gun and staples
• plants of your choice
Optional (if the pallet needs repairs)
• 1 sander
• 1 hammer and nails or 1 screwdriver and screws
• The first thing that you have to do is to have a good solid pallet. You also have to make sure that its openings are big enough to get your fingers in, otherwise you're going to have a hard time planting. You don't want them to be too big, either. ATTENTION: Make sure that the pallet says "HT" on it. That means that the pallet hasn't been sprayed with harmful toxic substances. We don't want nasty chemicals leaching their way into our veggies.
• The first step is to see if the pallet needs any small repairs. If it does, then we repair it with nails,screws, or staples.
• Sand the pallet not to get any splinters. You can keep sanding to get the smoothness you like and you can even add colour to it by using non-toxic paint.