Throughout this Instructable, I will be showing you guys how to make a pouch out of paracord. This particular pouch is made to fit an Altoids tin. For many outdoorsman or survivalists, Altoid tins are the perfect containers for a small, pocket survival tin. I like using the pouch for my survival tin so I can pack more stuff into the tin and not worry about it popping open.
***Please Notice: The numbers and/or symbols in the images throughout this Instructable correspond to the numbers/symbols in the descriptions of each step.
View an easier-to-navigate version of this tutorial on my personal site here:
Step 1: What You'll Need
- 20 feet color one
- 20 feet color two
- Altoids tin
- Paracord Fid Needle
Step 2: Measuring For Border of Pouch
- For the first step you are going to need your border cord. Grab the color cord you want to be the border.
- Fold your cord directly in half and make a loop like shown in diagram one.
- Place it on the side of your Altoids tin leave the loop exposed above the tin a little bit. Note: This loop is the loop which the carabiner clips to (as you can see in the picture in the introduction). You can make this as big as you want.
- Wrap the loose ends of paracord neatly around the tin. Left, bottom, and right side.
- It should look like this when you are done.