Today, Vacuum cleaner is the most useful and a very common household cleaning tool. In this Instructable, we will learn how to make a vacuum cleaner at home using a powerful 12v DC motor, a plastic bottle and a metal sheet. This vacuum cleaner is equipped with a separate dust container and it can also be modified to work as a Wet & Dry vacuum cleaner.
Step 1: Watch the Video
The video clearly shows the procedure to make a Homemade Vacuum cleaner. However, you can also visit step 2 for parts list and additional information.
Step 2: Parts List
From Local Store:
1. Two plastic bottles(one big and one very small).
2. DC adapter jack
3. A piece of thin metal sheet.
4. Plastic Conduit.
From Online Store:
1. A High RPM motor - http://amzn.to/2mVUXo2
2. 12v Adapter - http://amzn.to/2ndd7Ol
3. Araldite Adhesive - http://amzn.to/2lWItrx
1. A High RPM motor - http://amzn.to/2m0Gmng
2. 12v Adapter - http://amzn.to/2ncShOY
3. Araldite Adhesive - http://amzn.to/2n4Io6Q
Step 3: How It's Made
1. Take a small plastic bottle and make a large hole in the cap.
2. Make few holes in the neck of the small bottle.
Note: Watch the video to see how its done.
3. Take a large plastic bottle and using a knife, cut the bottle into two pieces from the neck.
4. Apply adhesive and paste the small bottle inside the neck of the large bottle.
5. Draw a circle equal to the diameter of the large bottle on a metal sheet.
6. Cut the circle using metal cutting scissors and then draw a small concentric circle near the centre.
7. Mark a line passing through the centre and using the line as reference, make 8 lines, each at an angle of 45 degrees(refer to the uploaded image).
8. Cut the sheet along the lines to make 8 sectors.
9. Bend each blade equally to make a propeller and also drill a hole in the centre.
10. Take a high rpm DC motor and attach the propeller to the motor shaft.
11. Take the cap of the large bottle and make a hole at the side of the bottle cap.
12. Fix the motor to the bottle cap and secure it with hot glue.
13. Make few holes at the base of the large bottle to act as output to air.
14. Apply adhesive at the base of the bottle and fix the motor at the centre of the base.
15. Connect a DC adapter jack to the motor wires and attach it to the bottle using hot glue.
16. Using Hot Glue, attach the conduit at the mouth of the dust container.
17. Fix the pieces together and finalise the product with creative designing.
Our Vacuum cleaner is ready to be tested. Plug in the power adapter and turn ON the switch.
In case you might have missed earlier, have a look at the video and see how a vacuum cleaner can be made at home. Also, don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to my youtube channel GOODTECH - Creativity and Science to receive regular updates.