Introduction: How to Make a Pressure Rocket for Under $2
This instructable shows you how to easily make a pressurized rocket from some common household materials.
Step 1: Materials
You Will Need:
1. Pump (any air pump will do)
2. Ball pin (one that fits your pump)
3. Soda/Water Bottle
4. Stand (For the bottle)
Details about the stand in step 2...
Step 2: The Stand
If you watched the video, you will know that you can use just about anything to make a stand (as long as its stable). In the video we used a kitchen utensil holder, but you can use a thick cardboard box which has been cut appropriately. Remember that you need to leave a hole at the bottom for the pump to fit into the soda bottle. The second image is a crude illustration of the basic setup.
Step 3: Final Remarks
Some things to note:
1. The cork must be tightly inserted into the bottle (air tight)
2. When pumping, you may hear some air escaping the cork. This is normal. As long as you keep pumping all should work
3. Position the rocket AWAY from yourself or you will be hit by half a litre (weighs 0.5kg) flying at about 5 meters per second, which will hurt.
4. Pumping lasts for about 40 seconds.
Have fun and be careful.