If you're going to make one of these rings, please make sure you wear the proper safety gear (mask, gloves, eye protection), and work in a well ventilated area. For example, I sand the wood and apply the glue outside usually. In other words - breathing in noxious fumes from super glue and inhaling wood dust is bad for you.
I'm using walnut burl veneer for this ring.
Materials you will need to make a steam bent wood ring:
- Wood veneer ~1/32" thick
- Box cutter/razor blade
- Ring mandrel (no groove)/wooden dowel/round object
- Sandpaper in the following grits: 60 coarse, 100 medium, 150 fine, 220 very fine, 400 super fine
- Grade #0000 extra fine steel wool
- Gorilla super glue (clear)
- Stand to hold ring while drying
- Paper towels