Introduction: How to Make a Simple Ninja Warrior Bungee Grip
Every week, millions of viewers tune in to NBC's American Ninja Warrior, to watch as ninjas from every walk of life attempt to complete a series of iconic obstacles of increasing difficulty in the hope of becoming an American Ninja Warrior. To many American Ninja Warrior is just a source of entertainment but to many its a way of life. As the American Ninja Warrior community grows and gyms start coming up all over the world there has a been an increase in the need for ninja specific training tools.Through this Instructable I hope to aid people all over the world enjoy American Ninja Warrior as much as I do by creating low cost and simple version of a classic Ninja warrior obstacle bungee road.
Step 1: Materials and Process
There are very few items needed to make this Ninja warrior obstacle.
- 3/8 Bungee Cord or shock cord
- Climbing Carabiner or Metal Ring
- Scissors or Knife
- Tape measure
- The first step of this obstacle is to cut the bungees to desired length. I generally use about 17 inches of cord to make the holds. This gives me a grab able length of 15 inches and 2 inches for tying the knot. using the tape measure cut the desired length of cord.
- Make 3 of these lengths.
- Take your carabiner and one of the lengths of shock cord and tie the cord to the carabiner using the cow hitch or the larp knot . See the image for more details
- Using the cow hitch tie the remaining cords to the carabiner.
- Now test the strength of the hold be attaching a weight to the strands of cord.
- If the hold is safe you can now add it to your pull up bar, swing set, monkey bar or ninja rig.
Step 2: Further Comments
If you want to make the obstacle alot harder there are many things you can do. One thing you can do is add more or less cords. A second Thing you could To is use varied lengths of cord or diameters of cord. some further things you can do with this project is use multiple different colors of cord or even at rubber coating or electrical tape to the end of the hold to prevent frizzing. How ever if you are not able to successfully make your own bungee hold there are also ninja hold companies that you can buy these hold from. Remember to be safe and have fun.
Atomik Climbing Holds
Warrior Life gear
This is an entry in the
Outdoor Fitness Challenge
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.
Be sure you are using a caribiner used for climbing not a keychain. They should have a weight rating on them. Be safe.