I have included a layout of the ABS Plastic Sheet parts, as well as a [poorly drawn] exploded diagram. Try to have a go yourself, to plan things out - as obviously you will have different equipment and parts to what I had available. The trick is to ensure you have enough space for things to fit, so be generous on your first attempt.
(If you have never set out a plan for something like this before, you might like to work in cardboard first, as it is cheaper - I did a previous project
which might be useful too).
SERVO BUDDY EQUIPMENT:
- Brake Cable.
- Servo Motor (from an old RC car, but you may modify a new one too).
- Sugru (making handles, grippy feet on box, etc).
- Bearing or small rotating wheel on a mount.
- Rubber bands / inner tube from bike.
- ABS Plastic (about 2mm thick).
- ABS/Styrene rods/tubes/etc. (assorted sizes from hobby shops).
- Solder on a reel.
- Enough batteries to power servo.
- ‘push-on’ switches.
- Heat-shrink (covers solder joints).
- Extra wire.
- Brass Inserts - with bolts to fit.
- 2 small springs.
- Soldering iron.
- Dremel / Proxxon (latter is better, imho).
- Scalpel + blades.
- Metal ruler (NOT plastic).
- Insulation tape.
- Zona/Razor/Hack saw.