When I looked online for a "Spatty" or "Spatty Daddy", I found they were rather expensive, and certainly not worth buying when I could make one so easily.
I thought making the product would be easy, but then I realized that I didn't have any Sugru on hand. I also tried making mikey77's "Oogoo", but the only silicone caulking I had was GE II, which cannot be used to make Oogoo. Without any way to make my own rubber, I had to turn to a common substance: hot glue!! Today I will be showing you how to make your own useful mini and disposable rubber spatula using hot glue and some other common household materials! It's great for use in labs, for artists, and many other ways!
Step 1: Get Your Materials
- Hotglue gun
- A couple of hotglue sticks
- Hard, plastic surface (I used a frisbee)
- Liquid hand-soap or dish-soap
- Credit card or hotel key card
- Thin stick (I used a wooden skewer, but you can use a chopstick or even a pencil)