Step 8: Drill Holes for Firgelli Lift
After the glue on the Carcass dries, we can drill the holes for the lift and the Vent holes. The glue should take a few hours to be rock solid.
- Remove the top assembly from the Firgelli lift to make it a little lighter.
- Position the Firgelli lift in the center of "C1". Mark the 4 holes with a pencil. Remove the Lift.
- Drill 4 holes as straight and accurately as you can.
- Drill multiple vent holes with a 1" bit as shown in the pictures below. These holes allow component heat to leave the left side component cabinet AND allow your wires and cables to pass around the cabinet.
- Secure the lift to "C1" with nut's and bolts. I used a carriage bolt, nut, 2 smooth washers and 2 lock washers on each hole.
- Plug in your lift and test it's operation with the remote and manual switch.