Nothing beats the texture, look and feel of wood. With a little inspiration, the allure of wood brought me to this, the woody PC.
Step 1: Materials
First, I'm not replacing parts - we're just woodifying them. Therefore, I decided to use veneers.
1. Wood - I'm using rosewood
2. Glue - at first, I wanted to use contact cement. But, at the last moment - I went with wood glue. Contact cement gives you one chance to lay down the veneer perfectly - this is not going to happen.
3. Clamps and/or medical tape (it does not leave back sticky residue and it not super strong)
4. Cutting template (I'm providing for my hp zv5000 so it can be printed, or laser cut)
5. Finishing materials - I'm using boiled linseed oil as I want the wood to age with time.
6. Materials for laptop disassembly - see disassembly instructions