Introduction: How to Make an ARDUINO VU METER
Hey guys. Do you want to make a small, cool project using Arduino? Then you can find it right here.
We are running a YouTube channel 'Being Engineers' and we are providing video tutorials on programming language, basic electronics and also some cool electronics projects.
In this video you will get to know how to make VU (Volume Unit) Meter using Arduino.
Step 1: Components Required
2. LEDs (10 pieces)
3. 100 ohm resistors (10 pieces)
4. Connecting Wires and Crocodile Clip
5. RCA cable
6. Arduino UNO
Step 2: Write the Code
The link for the code of this project is given in the description of this video in YouTube.
Upload the code after selecting proper Board and Serial port.
Step 3: Make the Circuit
1. Put all the cathodes in the negative rail, connect it to GND
2. Connect all the 100 ohm resistors with the anode of each LEDs
3. Take the Arduino UNO and connect the digital pins (for our model, pin 3 to 12) with the 100 ohm resistors using connecting wires. The digital pins will act as a positive voltage to the LEDs
4. Use red and black crocodile clip to connect to pins A0 (analog pin) and GND respectively (watch the video)
5. Connect the GND (black) crocodile clip to audio ground and A0 (red) crocodile clip to audio channel
6. The main circuit is complete. Now insert the 3.5mm jack to your mobile or iPod and play any music
Step 4: It's Show Time!
Your project is ready and enjoy the show. :)
Don't forget to subscribe to our channel for more videos. ;) Being Engineers
Like our Facebook page for more updates.Being_Engineers_Facebook
Follow us on Twitter. Being_Engineers_Twitter