Introduction: How to Make an Airport Model in Sketch Up
In this Inscrutable, You will make a model of a part of an airport. To create this, you will need to use the program Sketch Up.
Step 1: Creating the Main Terminal and Starting the Walk Way
- Create a square that has a side length of 475' 10 3/8".
- Create a line from the first corner that is 114' 1 3/16" long
- Using this line that you just made, create a rectangle that is 114' 1 3/16" long and 475' 10 3/8" wide
- Using the push/pull command, pull the rectangle up 52' 2 3/8"
- Make a line that is 99' 10" from the top left corner on the side that connects to the large square.
- Using this line create a line that is 13' 5/8" going down
- Using the endpoint of the line you just created, make a square that is 28' 6 5/16" wide and 26" 1 1/8" tall
- Push the square that you just made 57'10 3/8" out
- From the end of the rectangle, create another rectangle that is 37' 3 3/16" wide and 26' 1 1/8" tall
Step 2: Adding in Your Airplane and Continuing the Walk Way
- Find the airplane that you want to add in to your airport. you can find these models under the tabs file- 3D-Warehouse-Get models
- Download the model you want and place it appropriately
- Once the model is placed, create
Step 3: Creating a Window
- Create a rectangle that is 24' 11 1/2" long by 13' 9/16" high
- Push the rectangle 4' 10 3/16"
- Customize it however you want
Step 4: Continue Creation of Window
Step 5: Roof Creation and Coloring
- Create a line from both sides of the middle of the largest rectangular prism that is 14' 11 7/8" tall
- Using the rectangle command, click on one of the top corners and click on the line that is opposite from it
- Repeat step 3 for the other side
- Erase the lines created in step 1
- Color however you desire
Step 6: Adding a Towing Machine
- Using the 3-D warehouse, find any other items to add into you model