1 lb of 90/10 or 92/8 ground beef
1 tsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 1/2 tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
1/2 tbsp of Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper or Cayenne
Italian flavored Bread Crumbs
1 can pineapple slices
4 hamburger buns of your favorite variety
Pepper Jack Cheese in slices
Your favorite barbeque sauce (I recommend Sweet Baby Ray's)
Step 1: Prep the Onions
2. Put a little bit of olive oil in a hot skillet.
3. Add chopped onions and saute until golden brown in color.
4. Once completed, put onions in another container and wipe down skillet.
Step 2: Prep the Meat
2. Using your hands, mix the ground beef with the sauces, spices, and egg. Add the bread crumbs until the mixture is just barely able to hold together easily.
3. Form patties with your hands, approximately 4 patties per pound of ground beef
4. If desired, freeze any patties not to be cooked that day.
Step 3: Cooking the Meat
2. While cooking, occasionally add a dash of Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce to enhance flavor of burger.
3. Keep an eye on the hamburger while browning to not overcook. With high quality beef like 90/10 or 92/8, the easiest way to ruin it is to overcook.
4. When burger is almost cooked to desired level, add pepper jack cheese slice to the top of patty.
Step 4: Assemble the Burger
Recommended assembly is the following, from the bottom up.
Bottom part of bun
Pepper Jack cheese
1 slice of pineapple
Top part of Bun
This should look approximately like the picture