* A video will be made soon. most likely next weekend (June 1 - 6)*
The first thing you will need to do is get the frames you plan on using for your animation. You can make the frames your self or pull them from a .gif image that you got from some place on the internet (or made your self). you could also take screen shots of a video and use that.
If you are going to use a .gif image it will need to be cropped or re-sized to ether 256x256 or 512x512
I am going to show you how to pull frames from a .gif image.
Step 1: Open the .gif
Step 2: Frames Are Layers
Step 3: Export the Frames
- keep all the layers below it visible
- Export it with a file name like "[FILE NAME]_[FRAME #].png"
Step 4: Frames
Step 5: Start VTFEdit
*continues in next step
Step 6: Import Frames
Step 7: Set VTFEdit
- Set to version 7.4
Step 8: Check File Size and Export
The spray size will need to be smaller then 256kb or 512kb
TeamFortress2 allowed the larger file size. some source mods however only work with 256kb images.
- export the spray normally.
* A video will be made soon. most likely next weekend (may 24 - 26)*