What to do with your SERB?
- (here) - How to connect your SERB to the internet and drive it over a Skype video call.
- (here) - How to Control Your SERB Using a Wii nunchuck's accelerometers
- (here) - How to Add Obstacle Detecting Whiskers to Your Robot
- (here) - How to make 30 kits (Open Manufacturing)
- Fully programmable using an Arduino Duemilanove micro-controller (or another micro-controller of your choosing).
- No need to solder.
- Choice of cutting options for acrylic pieces. (scroll saw, access to a laser cutter, purchasing pre-cut pieces)
- Easily expandable and modifiable with extra bolt holes and included breadboard.
- Dual ball bearing rear wheel.
- Up and running in 1-2 hours. (from kit)
- Open source design (build as many as you like)
In the UK and like Arduino stuff? check out our newly opened web store oomlout.co.uk
A quick video of a completed Arduino controlled servo robot - (SERB) running the included test program (step 6)
Note: Source files are available on a parallel Instructable (Source Files For) - How to Make an Arduino Controlled Servo Robot - (SERB)
Step 1: Parts & Tools
A bundle containing all hardware items can be purchased at oomlout.com's store ( here ) ($120)
Nuts and Bolts:
- 3mm x 15mm bolt (x20)
- 3mm x 10mm bolt (x12)
- 3mm nut (x34)
- 3mm washer (x12)
- 8mm x 25mm bolt (x2)
- 8mm nut (x2)
- Skate Bearings (x2) ( VXB ) (these are standard skate bearings so they can be salvaged from a pair of roller-blades or a skateboard)
- Large O-ring (4.5" ID 3/16" Bead Dash #349) (x2) ( McMaster-Carr Product #9452K407 )
- Small O-ring (3/4" ID 3/16" Bead Dash #314) (x1) ( McMaster-Carr Product #9452K387 )
- Arduino Duemilanove (x1) ( Maker Shed )
- Continuous Rotation Servo (x2) ( Parallax )
- 400 Contact Breadboard (x1) ( All Electronics) )
- Quad AA Battery Box (x1) ( All Electronics )
- 9V Battery Clip (x1) ( All Electronics )
- 2.1 mm Plug (x1) ( All Electronics )
- 3 pin header (x2) ( All Electronics )
- A-B USB Cable - Printer Style (x1) ( All Electronics ) (not included in kit)
- AA Battery (x4) (not included in kit)
- 9v Battery (x1) (not included in kit)
(all wire is 22 AWG solid I purchase mine through McMaster-Carr )
- 15 cm Purple (x2)
- 15 cm Black (x1)
- 5 cm Black (x2)
- 5 cm Red (x2)
- Screwdriver (x1) (Philips)
- Needle-nose Pliers (x1)