Introduction: How to Make an Egg Bake (Egg Casserole)
Do you love Eggs? Do you love Sausage? Are you looking for a new way to spice up your morning breakfast? If you answered yes to these questions then you will love the taste and convenience of having an Egg Bake. An Egg Bake is a simple recipe that tastes great and provides food for several guests. An Egg Bake can be prepared in 15 minutes and ready to serve in one and a half hours! This instructable will teach developing cooks how to create an Egg Bake that will serve up to seven people.
Step 1: Materials:
In order to make an Egg Bake the following items will be required:
1. 4 Slices of White Bread
2. 1 lb. Fried and Crumbled Pork Sausage
3. 8 Eggs
4. 1 ¾ Cups of Milk
5. Salt (to taste) - Not Shown
6. Pepper (to taste) - Not Shown
7. 1/3 Cup Diced Scallions
8. 4.5 Ounces of Sliced Mushrooms
9. 2 Cups of Cheddar Cheese
10. 2 Cups of Mozzarella Cheese
11. 1 Tbs. of Butter or Margarine
13. 9”x13” Baking Dish
14. 3 Liter or Larger Bowl
16. Working Kitchen Oven (Not Shown)
17. Aluminum Foil (Not Shown)
Step 2: Setup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Place the 1 Tbsp. of Margarine or Butter in the 9”x13” baking dish.
3. Evenly coat the 9”x13” baking dish with the Margarine or Butter.
Tip: It may be helpful to use the wrapper of the butter or margarine as an applicator.
Step 3: Crumble the Bread
Now that we have the baking dish ready for ingredients, we will start by placing the bread at the bottom of the dish. Bread makes the other Egg Bake ingredients to stick together when cooked. This allows the Egg Bake to be served in solid portions. The following steps show how to place the bread in the baking dish.
1. Take the four slices of White Bread and crumble the bread into the 9”x13” baking dish.
2. When crumbling the bread make sure pieces smaller than 1 cubic inch.
3. Evenly distribute the bread crumbs along the bottom of the 9”x13” baking dish.
Step 4: Fry the Pork Sausage.
If you have already fried the 1lb. of pork sausage you may skip this step. If not please follow the following steps:
1. Place a Frying Pan on a Stove Top
2. Place the 1lb. of Pork Sausage into a Frying Pan on the Stove Top.
3. Turn on the stove stop below the Frying Pan to ¾ of full heat and break apart pork sausage.
4. Thoroughly cook the pork sausage until not pink meat can be observed.
5. Turn off the heat.
6. Place a strainer into a sink.
7. Pour cooked Pork Sausage into the strainer and thoroughly wash the Sausage.
8. Let water drain until strainer stops leaking.
The Pork Sausage is now fried and ready to be used in the Egg Bake.
Caution: When the Stove Top is heating the frying pan, Metal objects will be hot. Directly touching metal objects that are being heated by stove can cause severe burns.
Step 5: Add Wet Ingredients
We will now focus on adding the liquid portion of the Egg Bake. In this step we will need: 8 Eggs, 1 ¾ Cups of Milk, Salt, Pepper, a fork, and a 3 Liter Bowl. Follow the following instructions to combine the wet ingredients.
1. Gather the listed materials above.
2. Crack each of the eight eggs into the bowl. Avoid getting the shells of the egg into the bowl.
Tip: In the pictures above, I crack each egg in a teacup. This allows me to throw out a bad egg prior to adding it to the large bowl of cracked eggs. Doing this helps prevent ruining the rest of the previously cracked good eggs.
3. Add Salt and Pepper to the contents of the eggs in the bowl.
4. Add Milk to the mixture in the bowl.
5. Whisk mixture with a fork.
6. Continue whisking mixture until the mixture looks uniform.
7. Pour the mixture onto the bread crumbs located in the 9”x13” baking dish.
The Egg Bake is now ready for Dry Ingredients.
Step 6: Add Dry Ingredients
This step requires the same 3 Liter Bowl we used in the previous step. In order to use the bowl again, the bowl should be washed and cleaned. Mix the following ingredients into the 3 Liter Bowl:
• 1lb. Fried Pork Sausage.
• 4.5 Ounces of Mushrooms. If the mushrooms came in a fluid, make sure all fluid is drained from the mushrooms.
• 2 Cups of Cheddar Cheese.
• 2 Cups of Mozzarella Cheese.
• 1/3 Cup Diced Scallions
Mix ingredients until the ingredients are evenly distributed. Then pour Dry Ingredients on top of the contents already in the 9”x13” baking dish.
Step 7: Final Step
Now that we have all of the ingredients placed into the baking dish, we are ready to start cooking the Egg Bake. In order to do this we will place aluminum foil over the top of the Egg Bake making sure that the Aluminum foil wraps around the edges of the baking dish.
If you decide to cook the Egg Bake at a later date, place the Egg Bake on a level surface in the freezer. If you want to cook your Egg Bake now, place the Egg Bake on the middle shelf of the oven that was pre-heated to 350F. The Egg Bake should be cooked with the lid on for 40 minutes. After the 40 minutes, take the lid off of the egg bake and continue cooking for an additional 20 minutes.
After the Egg Bake is fully cooked, take the Egg Bake out of the oven and let it sit for at least 5 minutes. This allows the Egg Bake to set.
The Egg Bake is now ready to be served and enjoyed. Thank you for taking the time to read and hopefully making an Egg Bake.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.