Introduction: How to Make an Ink-sprayed Birthday Card
In the good old days when there were no computers, most of the day-to-day tasks were accomplished manually. We also used to make Greeting Cards by hand according to the occasion - whether it was Christmas or New Year or somebodies Birthday.
In this instructable, I will demonstrate how we used to make very attractive Birthday Cards with whatever resources available with us.
Step 1: What You Need
- A card of required size. You can recover a good card from packages when you buy new clothing
- Fountain pen inks of different colors. Here I have used Red, Green and Blue colored inks
- An old comb and an old tooth brush
- Some designs to cover the card. You can use leaves, flower petals, coins and many more things to design your card
- A "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" printout using a large sized fonts like Imprint. In earlier days, we used to draw the letters by hand.
- A Cutting Mat
- A Crafting Knife
Step 2: Cut and Remove Letters
- Place the printout with the letters "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" on the cutting mat
- Using the craft knife cut and remove every letter separately from the printout.
You can see the cut letters in the last picture here.
Step 3: Arrange the Design
- Place the card on an old news paper to prevent ink from spoiling the surrounding areas
- Arrange the flower petal, leaves, coins or whatever you wish over the card in any design you like
- Arrange the cutout letters also on the card along with other material
- Open the ink bottles and take small amount of ink in their respective lid
Step 4: Start Spraying
- Dip the old tooth brush lightly in red ink. Do not take more ink as the excess ink will splatter over the card
- Hold the comb close to the card and lightly brush the comb with the inked tooth brush
- You will find the ink sprayed in very small dots over the card. Spray it all over the card lightly
Step 5: Spray With Other Colors
- Now take blue ink and then green ink in the tooth brush and spray over the card using the comb
- Please dip the tooth brush very lightly in the ink.
- See the last picture above. I did a mistake here and dipped the brush deep into the ink which splattered and made a large spot on the card
Step 6: Allow the Card to Dry
- Once you are satisfied with spraying, keep the card without disturbance for the ink to dry
- You can pour the remaining inks in their respective bottles and close the lid.
- Do not keep the card under a fan or in area with air flow. Otherwise the designs placed on the card may be lifted up before drying and spoil the card
- Once the ink dries up, just tilt the card and the letters, coins and designs will slide out from the card
Step 7: Here Is the Finished Birthday Card
- You can see the finished Birthday Card in the picture above. If you wish, you can add the name of person and date also in the greeting card.
- The last picture shows the close up of the card where the ink sprays have formed a mosaic like pattern on the card.
Make your own Greeting Cards by hand and have fun...
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.