Introduction: How to Make: the Origami Lotus
In this instructable, you will find the way to create an origami lotus. The lotus is a really nice kind of flower and it has many story behind. The lotus grow in mud and mud is stink and dirty but the lotus still beautiful, still have the light, elegant smell so in Buddhism it is the symbol of the purity of the body, speech and mind.The origami lotus can be a decoration or it can replace the bow on the gift box, you can use the origami lotus for a lot of things.
Step 1: Materials
- Color papers (15 x 7.5 cm), 8 pink for the petal and 4 green for the leaves
- Rubber band
Ps: the papers can be copy paper, kami paper (original origami paper) or even newspaper
Step 2: The Petals
- Fold the paper in half
- Fold a corner up, do the same thing to the 3 other corners
- Fold half of the paper in half again
- Repeat for the 7 remaining papers
Step 3: The Leafs
- Fold the paper in half and open it
- Fold four corners up as shown
- Fold bottom up to middle
- Fold it in half
Step 4: Tie the Flower
- Stack two petals and a leaf together (4 stacks)
- Tie all 4 stacks together in the middle
- Spread the stacks apart
Step 5: Fold Up the Flower
- Fold the petals up as shown
- Push the leafs down
Step 6: Done!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.