Introduction: How to Meal Plan for Convenience
Before you meal prep this week, watch this video first for new ideas to make your meal planning for weight loss and healthy living convenient, simple, and delicious. This week I am featuring shrimp, teriyaki turkey meatballs, asparagus with bacon, and white rice. See the macros below for the featured recipes.
- Turkey Meatballs: 1 x 16oz.
- Bag of Trader Joes Pre-Cooked Turkey Meatballs 1oz.
- Trader Joes Turkish Honey (regular honey is ok)
- 1oz. Sriracha Hot Sauce
Step 1: Put Turkey Meatballs and Shrimp on Tray
*Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit*
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with olive oil
- Place meatballs and shrimp on tray
- Lightly coat shrimp with olive oil and season with Trader Joe’s BBQ Rub & Seasoning with Coffee & Garlic
- Place tray in oven for 20 minutes
Step 2: Cook Rice
- Cook rice on stovetop while tray is in oven
- Bring rice to a boil then turn to low to simmer
Step 3: Fry 2 Pieces of Bacon
Step 4: Prep Asparagus
*Personally, I snap the bottoms off the asparagus where they naturally break instead of cutting the asparagus ends*
- Put stovetop on low and cook asparagus in the same pan that you cooked the bacon in for about 5 minutes
- Add Trader Joe’s BBQ Rub & Seasoning with Coffee & Garlic onto Asparagus
- Add 2 tbsp. of water to help the asparagus steam and cover with a lid
Step 5: Mix Asparagus and Bacon
- Cut up bacon into small pieces and add to asparagus
Step 6: Pull Turkey Meatballs and Shrimp & Add Shrimp to Pan
- Take shrimp and turkey meatballs out of the oven after 20 minutes
- Add shrimp to pan on high for extra flavor and crunch. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add turkey meatballs into a bowl
Step 7: Make Turkey Meatball Sauce
- Add 1 oz. of Turkish Honey and 1 oz. of Sriracha into a mixing bowl
- Add turkey meatballs and mix.
Step 8: Portion
- Use a food scale to portion food according to your goals
- Place an empty tupperware container on food scale and make sure to tare scale to zero each time you weigh your food
- For more information on how to target your health and fitness goals check out Gauge Girl Training
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.