Step 1: You'll need...
• A muffin pan
• Muffin liners (or something like butter or flour that will keep your muffins from sticking to the pan)
• Muffin batter, made from your favourite recipe. It's better to have a thicker batter, to avoid having the facial features sink into the muffin.
• One or more peaches, nectarines, or other stone fruits. Apples would also work, you just need to be able to slice it into shapes resembling moustaches
• A strawberry, or other fruit to be used as mouths
• Chocolate chips, nuts, or other small food pieces to be used as eyes
• Optional brown sugar, for topping (or is it bottoming, if it's on the bottom?)
Step 2: Prepare your oven, your muffin tin, and your moustaches
Put the muffin liners in the muffin tin. You could also butter the pan, flour it, or spray it with some sort of non-sticking baking spray stuff.
If you want to, you can put extra fruit and brown sugar into the bottom of the liners. You could also do just fruit, or just sugar.
You also need to cut your fruit into slices. They shouldn't be too thick, a little over half a centimeter (a quarter inch) on the thicker side with the skin is good.
Cut your strawberry into slices, and then into strips, parallel with the leafy part of the fruit.
Step 3: Prepare your muffins for their moustaches
If you spill batter on the tin, outside of the cups, just wipe it up to avoid burning it later.