Welcome to my Instructable, How to Paint a Side Table! By following these steps, you will learn how to paint an accent table of your choice from start to finish.
- Side table with wood finish
- 1-2 cans Krylon primer (additional may be necessary for a larger table)
- 1-2 cans Krylon spray paint (additional may be necessary for a larger table)
- Screwdriver to remove hardware
- Drop cloth
- Bucket with warm soapy water and sponge or rag
- Clean towel or rag
- Spray gun attachment (optional)
- Disposable gloves
- Disposable face mask
Open and well-ventilated area such as a garage, driveway, basement with windows
If painting outside, be sure to check the weather conditions to avoid rain, snow, or heavy winds affecting your project.
Overall, this project takes approximately 6 - 8 hours to complete. This allows for prep, priming, painting, and adequate drying time between paint coats.
Other Things Needed:
A smile and a positive attitude; let the craftiness begin!
Step 1: Gather.
- Gather your materials and move your side table to your workspace.
- Prep and clear your workspace.
- Use your drop cloth to designate the area where you will be painting.
- Make sure you remove anything near this area that could be affected by the spray paint.
- For safety, be sure that you are in a well-ventilated area because of the paint fumes.