Introduction: How to Permanently Stop Auto Updates in Windows 10
This video will show you how to permanently stop auto updates in windows 10.
1. Start by pressing the windows key + R bringing the run menu up.
2. Type in gpedit.msc which brings up the local group policy editor.
3 Go to Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Windows Update / Configure Automatic Updates - Which will bring up a dialogue window.
4. Once this is open you will want to change the radio button to enable (This will enable the rule) and from the drop down list pick option 2 - Notify for download and notify for install. Now press the apply button.
5. To check that this has worked you need to go into the settings and press on Update & Security.
6. You will see Windows Update and you will need to check for updates then go to advanced settings and you will see at the top it states "some settings are managed by your organisation"
I am not responsible for anything that happens on your machine and these tutorials are to be used at your own risk. If in doubt contact an IT professional.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.