Step 1: What Tool?
Step 2: Pitting from the Bottom
1. Select a nice ripe cherry for pitting.
2. Holding the cherry in one hand and the peeler in the other, insert the point of the peeler into the bottom of the cherry.
3. Push the peeler up towards the top of the cherry (where the pit is). You will be able to feel the pit when you come to it.
4. Using your thumb on the outside of the cherry, gentle press the pit against the blade of the peeler.
5. Keeping gentle pressure on the pit, pull the peeler with the pit back out of the bottom.
You will be amazed at how easily the pit will slide out of the cherry along the blade of the peeler.