How to Play Music Through a Guitar Amp





Introduction: How to Play Music Through a Guitar Amp

This is a Instructable That Will Show You How to Play Music Through a Guitar Amp Enjoy.

Step 1: The Items You Will Need

Guitar/Bass Amp, RCA Adapter Cable, RCA Cable, A Music Device, Mp3 Player/CD Player etc.

Step 2: Connect

Connect Your Music Device To The RCA Adapter

Step 3: RCA Cable to Adapter

Connect Your RCA to The RCA Adapter

Step 4: RCA to Amp

Connect Your RCA Cable To Your Amp But For A Better Sound Connect Yellow Instead of The Red and Your Done ROCK OUT



    • Epilog Challenge 9

      Epilog Challenge 9
    • Science of Cooking

      Science of Cooking
    • Paper Contest 2018

      Paper Contest 2018

    We have a be nice policy.
    Please be positive and constructive.



    I was just wondering if you will be able to control separate volumes. I am wanting to use this format to play bass instructional CDs through the amp. I want to make sure the CD player volume can be turned down so I can still hear the bass.


    is that good for amp? or can damage?

    is that good for amp? or can damage?

    Yeah, when I plugged my iPhone into my 120 watt CRATE amplifier using a 8mm adapter....... My iPhone audio jack is now screwed up......... Thanks guys....

    WOW JUST USE A 1/8" TO 1/4" CONVERTER!!! DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! I DO IT THE EASY WAY AND IT WORKS FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    the only problem with this is that you convert the signal from stereo (from the mp3 player) to mono (at the guitar input) so you only get the left channel. Not a huge thing for most songs, but a lot of times you'll find that you're missing parts which are recorded hard left and right.

    True- but those aren't very common, and they're usually easier to make than to buy.

    My music "clips" and my amp cuts out to protect itself. I think I need an attenuator. Is there an ible to build an audio anttenuator?

    haha I have the same amp! CRAZY (not really)

    You're Not Supposed to plug a powered device into your input jack
    An iPod is amplified as opposed to a guitar. Guitar amps have specific components called pre-amps that are made to handle these small signals transferred by the pickup. If you plug in a powered device like your iPod you could fry the pre-amp and end with useless amp