Powder coating is a great long lasting way to color any metal pieces. I thank VW as the first company to use this method for their production and sharing it so that it can be widely used by many industries as well as just a common artist and tinkerer such as myself. The process is super forgiving, quick, fun and extremely durable. It uses very fine Polyester powder and an electro-static process to adhere it to the metal.
Step 1: Sand- blasting
Step 2: Chemical rinse
Step 3: Pre-bake
Step 4: Set up
* Install your tip and nozzle on the powder gun
* Connect the gun to the powder container and the powder container to the main box
* Ground with clamp to clean metal
* Connect main box with Pressurizes air and set PSI to 4 to 5
* Plug main box into electrical socket.
*Turn the main box ON and set KV's to 60
*Pull the trigger on the gun and wait until it's appearing like a person exhaling smoke.