Have you ever woken up in the morning and realized you have nothing good to eat for breakfast? The simple solution to this issue is preparing Crescent Egg Bake. By preparing this egg bake recipe, you will have a breakfast food that will start any day out on the right foot. This dish offers a healthy alternative to many of the sugar filled breakfast foods currently available. Consumers of any age will love Crescent Egg Bake, and it will have them coming back for more. One great thing about this recipe is that it offers many alternatives for picky eaters or different personal preferences. This dish also reheats extremely well, so it can be prepared in advance and saved for later in the refrigerator. This dish requires minimum cooking experience, a few simple ingredients, and roughly 45 minutes of your time. If you are willing to devote this time, you will have a pay off well worth it in the end.
Step 1: Gathering the Materials
To prepare this breakfast dish, you will need to gather the following items:
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 of a Medium Onion
- 1 Package of Breakfast Sausage (1 lb)
- 1 Tube of Crescent Rolls
Note: You may also add other ingredients, such as green pepper, mushroom, tomato or even hot sauce. If you do not like onions, it can be left out or replaced. Salt and pepper are also just for seasoning, add however much you prefer.
- 9 x 13 Glass Baking Dish
- Medium to Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Cup Measuring Cup
- Cutting Board
- Large Frying Pan
- Stove (Not Pictured)
- Oven (Not Pictured)
Step 2: Preparing the Sausage
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop 1/2 Onion into desired size.
- Note: Precise Onion size does not matter. Cut to personal preference.
- Place Large Frying Pan on large burner of the stove.
- Turn on burner to medium heat.
- Open Breakfast Sausage and Place in Frying Pan.
- Add Chopped Onion to Frying Pan. (See Top Picture)
- Brown Sausage over medium heat. (See Bottom Picture)
- Note: While cooking, break down the Breakfast Sausage into smaller pieces similarly to ground beef.
Step 3: Preparing the Eggs
- Crack 8 Eggs in to Mixing Bowl.
- Beat Eggs with Whisk until uniform.
- Note: Beaten eggs should look like the bottom image
- Add Salt and Pepper as desired.
- Note: Salt and Pepper is just for flavor. This addition is not necessary.
Step 4: Putting It Together
- Open Crescent Roll Tube as packaging indicates.
- Carefully unroll Crescent Roll over the bottom of the 9 X 13 Glass Baking Dish.
- With your fingers, press cut marks on Crescent Roll together.
- Note: Use top image as a comparison.
- Carefully add browned Breakfast Sausage evenly over the unrolled Crescent Roll.
- Next, sprinkle cheese evenly over the Breakfast Sausage.
- Note: Use bottom left image as a comparison.
- Finally, pour beaten Eggs evenly over the dish.
- Note: It may appear that there are not enough eggs for the dish. Have faith that there are enough eggs. See the bottom right image for a comparison.
Step 5: Baking
- Check that the oven is preheated to 350 degrees.
- Carefully place prepared Egg Bake on center rack of the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, carefully remove Egg Dish from the oven.
- Warning: Baking Dish will be extremely hot. Handle with care.
- Let the dish cool for at least 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Congratulations! You have successfully prepared Crescent Egg Bake. Once you have finished, the eggs should have become firm, and the crescent roll should have turned a golden brown color. If you followed this recipe exactly, it should look like the image above. You are now ready to enjoy a delicious breakfast that can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated for future breakfasts.