Introduction: How to Prepare for a Trip
In this Instructable you will find out how to prepare yourself before a trip so you can be relaxed after the trip. We all know that the last thing you want to do when you get home is to stress out about how your house looks or how you are going to get all of that laundry one.
Step 1: Clean Up the House
Before anything else, clean up the house. This doesn't need to be a deep cleaning if you don't want it to be, but make sure you get everything in it's spot. This helps immensely when you're packing.
Step 2: Do Laundry
Doing laundry before you leave helps you to be ready to get that huge pile done when you get back. It also help keep your house smelling a little bit nice without the clothes sitting there and you have more chlothes o pack if needed.
Step 3: Packing (Part 1)
A few tips...
- Lay your clothes out before you pack, this will help you fit the into the bag.
- Make sure you have everything you need, you may not be able to find it at a store if you forget it.
- Have at least one extra pair of clothes, two if the trip is over four days.
- If you are going to do laundry on the trip, bring your own detergent - you can find travel sizes at most stores.
- Think ahead. Going to Sea World? Bring a jacket. Florida? Sunscreen.
- Check the weather.
Step 4: Packing (Part 2)
Put shirts and pants on the bottom, as shown in the pictures. You may have to fold the pants in half. The fill the overlapping space with a swimsuit or other piece of clothing. Place any towels on top. Often their is pocket that is convenient for toiletries.
Step 5: When You Get Home
When you get home, don't do the laundry right away, but make sure that you get it done soon after you get home. If you do the laundry right as you get home you may feel more stressed. Take a nice long shower and maybe watch a movie or two.
Step 6: Going Further
Some other things to try...
- Get a theft deterrent or make your own.
- If you are gone for a long time ask a neighbor to keep an eye on your house.
- Make sure someone takes care of your pets.
Thanks for reading and I hope you have a fun trip.