I'll walk you through 5 easy steps to success. All it takes is a committment to 1 hour of preparation time. That's not much, if you consider what goes with being selected for that great career opportunity!
Step 1: Identifying skills required
1. Read through the job description and use the list of skills provided to identify between 5 and 8 skills required to be competent in the role. Even if you don't have much experience, you'll be able to do this without too much effort. If you need help, get a friend or family member involved. 2 or 3 heads are better than 1.
2. Try and group the skills you've identified into logical clusters (put similar skills together)
3. Without much effort, you now have an accurate picture of the skills required for the role!
Our next 2 steps tell you how you can use this information to your advantage.
Step 2: Tailoring your cover letter and CV (resume)
1. Tailor your resume (CV) to include these skills
2. Tailor your cover letter to refer to these skills
The video will take you through this with an example.