When I first got my ATtiny2313 it took me the better part of 4 hours to finally get it programmed. I went through countless tutorials online that were old and outdated. I was never able to get the correct files from one website. I had to combine the files from several websites before I was finally able to program my ATtiny.
The goal of my (Current and Updated!!!) series is to find tutorials online that are old, outdated, or nonworking and make a new tutorial that I have tested and used myself.
My first i'ble in this series is how to use IR remotes to control your Arduino.
I will keep updating my i'bles in this series to work with new Arduino boards, IDEs and the like.
Step 1: Download the Files
Once you have downloaded that you will need to extract the 'tiny' folder to your Arduino hardware folder. Now if you don't know where that is or if you don't have it here are the steps.
- Go to your Arduino documents. This is where all the sketches are saved (by default).
- For mac users it's Macintosh HD>Users>username>documents>Arduino.
- Create a new folder and name it "hardware", just like that. Into this folder you will put the 'tiny' folder that you downloaded.
- For PC users open up the Arduino folder. Right in there there will a folder called hardware. Extract the file given above and delete the _MaxOSX file. Copy the 'tiny' folder into it and restart the Arduino IDE.
Step 2: Upload the ArduinoISP
- Connect your Arduino to your computer.
- Open up the ArduinoISP sketch which is with the other example sketches.
- Upload it.