Please be advised to only use a nebulizer and rescue medications if you have been prescribed these items by your Primary Care Physician.
Please note that it is extremely important to use this medicine every four to six hours, as needed, to calm an asthma attack that has not been calmed by an inhaler with a medicine like albuterol. The use of this medicine can increase the rate of a patient's heart which could lead to further medical issues and may lead to the patient being hospitalized or even in an Intensive Care Unit. When using a nebulizer to deliver a rescue medication, please be advised to NOT allow the patient to take medicine from their controller inhaler.
Step 1: Step One: Attaching the Tube
2. Plug the adapter into a socket.
3. Attach the blue end to the hollow tube to the medicine chamber.
4. Attach the green end of the hollow tube to little circle on the bottom left side of the nebulizer.
Step 2: Step Two: Preparing the Tube.
6. Attach blue breathing tube to the mouthpiece. It does not matter which side the breathing tube is on.
Step 3: Step Three : Preparing the Medicine
8. Break the tab on the medicine by twisting the top.
9. Pour the medicine into the circular medicine chamber. Squeeze out every drop.
10. Reattach the breathing tube to the medicine chamber by turning the breathing tube clockwise.
Step 4: Step Four: Preparing the Patient
12. Make sure the mouthpiece is between the patient's teeth.
13. Have the patient close their lips around the mouthpiece. This ensures that the medicine is inhaled and does not escape from the mouth.
14. Turn on the machine. The on button is usually on the right side of the machine.
Step 5: Step Five: the Air Treatment
16. The patient needs to hold the medicine in their mouth for THREE seconds.
17. The patient exhales through their nose.
16. Continue having the patient breath in this manner until the medicine is gone from the medicine chamber. When the medicine is gone, there will be no more steam coming from the breathing tube end of the mouth piece. This usually takes about 15 minutes.