Introduction: How to Purl a Stitch
- Hold the needle with the cast on in your left hand, and the other one in the right hand (1)
- Insert the tip of the right hand needle into the first stitch of the left needle from right to left and back to front. The right needle should be over the left needle, in the center of the first stitch, forming a cross with the left needle (2)
- Hold the yarn in front with your right hand (3), and wrap it around the tip of right needle, counterclockwise (4)
- Pull the tip of the right needle through the first stitch on the left needle, towards the back, with the wrap yarn on it (5-6)
- Carefully slip out the left needle out of the first stitch (7). The new stitch should now be on the right needle
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.