Introduction: How to Record Webinars
Screen recording software is what you can use when you need to save a webinar or a podcast on your computer. Movavi Screen Capture is one of the options you can rely on. With its help, you can save online video and audio, Skype calls, Google Hangouts and program actions, as well as take and edit screenshots.
Step 1: Installing
Download Windows or Mac version of the program from the official site: https://www.movavi.com/screen-recorder/ and install it. The trial version is available for 7 days since the installation and has a range of limitations. After this period is over, you’ll have to purchase the program if you want to continue using it.
Step 2: Preparing to Record
1. Open a browser tab with video or audio that you want to record. Then launch Movavi Screen Capture. When you click on Record Screen a magnifying glass and guidelines will appear on the screen. You can click on the browser window to select the whole screen or specify the area manually.
2. Adjust the capturing area. There are various presets of different aspect ratio: standard, widescreen, frames for YouTube videos and full-screen mode. Choose one of the presets or set your own parameters.
3. Set audio recording parameters. Adjust the volume of system sound and microphone. You can select one or multiple sound sources. Don’t forget to make sure that all the devices are functioning properly.
4. Adjust other parameters. Click on Cursor Effects – Set Up Effects to de-activate the recording of cursor movement and to exclude keyboard actions in your video. If you record the desktop for other purposes, you can keep these options activated.
5. Schedule the recording, if the podcast or webinar you are going to record is at an inconvenient time. Go to Capture – Schedule Recording. Then set the period of time when the video should be recorded. Specify the computer actions after the recording as well: do nothing, sleep or shut down.
Step 3: Recording
1. Capture the screen. Click on Record and the 3-second countdown will begin. Then you should begin playing the video or audio. You can cut away unnecessary fragments later.
2. Manage the recording. Use buttons on the sidebar or hotkeys to cancel, pause, resume and stop the capture process and to take screenshots.
3. Finish the recording. Click on Stop and the built-in editor will be automatically opened. If you don’t need editing or exporting, just close the window. Note, that your file will be saved in MKV format by default. You can find it in Movavi Screen Capture folder on your computer.
Step 4: Editing
1. Edit your footage, if necessary. Trim the recorded video and cut away unnecessary fragments. Click on the scissors icon and then choose the place on the timeline. When you’ve selected the parts you don’t need, click on the trash bin icon.
2. Edit your screenshots. Crop and resize images, add text or highlights, paint with a brush on your pictures. Add clip-art objects as well: arrows, frames, and lines.
Step 5: Exporting
1. Save the video or screenshots. Click on Save As… and choose the appropriate format. Then name the resulting file and select the destination folder.
2. Optimize your video for viewing on mobile devices. Click on More presets and find your model on the list. Here you’ll also see more video and audio output formats.
3. Show your video to the world. Click on Share – YouTube and upload the video straight to your channel. Don’t forget to fill out the name, short description, tags and other necessary information. You should sign in into your YouTube profile in order to be able to upload videos.