Introduction: How to Replace a Tempered Glass Screen Protector?
I had to change my girlfriends broken tempered glass screen protector so I decided to make this instruction to help others who need help changing the protector.
If you have any questions just let me know!
Step 1: Things You'll Need
- A new screen protector
- Window cleaner (optional, you can also use water)
- A cleaning cloth
- Good lightning (helps a lot)
Step 2: Remove the Old Screen Protector and Clean the Screen
Carefully remove the old screen protector because there might be tiny glass shards coming off and the edges of the broken protector might be sharp.
After you removed the protector check the screen if there are any cracks or scratches. If not you are good to go!
Clean the screen properly! There might be some dust or glue residue from the previous screen protector so you should clean it properly to achieve the best result.
Step 3: Installing a New Screen Protector
1. Peel off the plastic back (Be careful and try to avoid touching the sticky side of the screen protector)
2. Align the new screen protector properly (Be fast when aligning it, because more you align it more dust will be between the screen and the protector)
3. Let it attach to the screen itself
4. Remove any possible bubbles by applying some pressure with the help of the cleaning cloth. (By using the cleaning cloth you might avoid scratching the brand new screen protector.)
5. Remove any fingerprints.
Ps. Watch the Youtube video I linked to this Instructable and check the video description to find where to get CHEAP but good quality tempered glass screen protectors!
And it's done! Simple right?
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.