When I made my fish cat house, for the outter material I used some thick fabric I previously purchased as a remnant. For the fins I used a different material, also thick, and I got those as discontinued material at the store - super cheap. If you have extra fabric around - this may be a good project to use it on. For the outter material, be sure to use something that is thick or more stable - upholstery fabric, denim or broadcloth are fine. For the inside lining material it's a good idea to use something soft like fleece.Materials:
- Thick fabric for the outside of the house (1 to 1 1/4 yards to be safe)
- Fleece or other soft material for the inside of the house
- About a yard of thick fusible interfacing/stabilizer (I used Pellon 72F Double-Sided Fusible Ultra Firm Stabilizer)
- 1/2 inch thick foam (one yard)
- Sewing Machine
- Iron and other Sewing Supplies
- Fabric Glue (adhesive for the eyes and brows - but you can always sew it on)
- You can download the pattern pieces in the next step. You can either download a .pdf pattern file (which includes all the pattern pieces in the single .pdf file) - or all the pieces have also been uploaded separately as .jpgs. If you print the .jpg pattern pieces, then when you go to print them, hit print and in the settings be sure to leave the size as it is (don't stretch to fit page). If you want to print the .pdf which contains all the pattern pieces on it, then just go to File and print it out. The choice is yours!
- After printing the pattern, you'll see that some pieces had to be cut into 2 parts or more - just piece them back together and tape them.