Introduction: How to Spring Load a Glitter Bomb Card for Maximum Mess
We got this tip from the Pro's on how to super charge a glitter bomb card. The problem is that ordinarily the glitter just falls out, unless it's opened with some vigor. To compensate for this some people add more glitter, which makes the card bulky and may alert the receiver to the prank.
We prefer to add a little something to throw the glitter forwards, using less glitter but creating a lot more mess. Here's how to do it.
You will need the following
- Greeting card with envelope
- Tissue paper
- Glitter or confetti
- Strip of paper
- Glue stick
- Supper glue
Step 1: Cut Your Tissue Paper
In this example I have used purple tissue paper to make it easier to demonstrate, but white would be easier to conceal within the greeting card.
- Cut a rectangle out of your tissue paper big enough so that it covers the middle of the greeting card.
- Glue 3 edges of the rectangle and fold it in half to make a pouch.
- Glue the 2 edges, separately folding them over to ensure the glitter can't escape.
Step 2: Fill It & Seal It
Now that we have our packet, lets fill it with glitter. In this example I am using glitter confetti but you can use anything from extra fine glitter to the little "Hundreds and Thousands" that are used in baking.
- Fill the pouch a quarter full (about 1 and a half desert spoons).
- Glue down the opened edge and fold over.
- Flatten out the pouch and check for leaks.
Step 3: Attach the Spring to the Pouch
The spring is what rips the pouch open and throws it forwards. Without it the glitter will fall directly down and won't have as much impact.
- Cut a strip of paper twice the width of your pouch and a little short in height to fit neatly between the folds.
- Cover 1 side of the paper strip with the glue stick.
- Stick the paper strip round both sides of the pouch.
Step 4: Step 4: Put It All Together
So now lets attach the pouch to the greeting card. We want to glue our spring pouch right in the middle so it's not detectable. Too far back and the spring wont work, too far forward and it will be noticed.
- Add a dot of super glue as in pic 1
- Stick down the spring pouch and add a dot of super glue as in pic 2.
- Press down and leave to dry for 5 minutes.
Now your spring loaded glitter greeting card is ready to pop into an envelope and send to your victim.
Thanks to these guys for the knowledge