For a brief description please watch this video:
Note: Alot of people have mistakenly claimed that I have stolen video and pictures for this Instructable. To clear everything up, I didn't steal anything, I simply posted elsewhere long time ago, and eventually it became popular on the internet. Look in the beginning of the video for the signature.
Step 1: Materials
Okay, so let's get started!
For this project we will need following items:
- An "Instant cold pack"
- Table salt
- Zinc powder (grey metal powder, can be bought from unitednuclear.com or inoxia.co.uk)
Further you'll need
- A scale, preferably precise to 0.1g
- A mortar and pestle to grind the mixture
Step 2: Ammonium nitrate
- A bag of water, that you can throw away.
- White granules, consisting of ammonium nitrate.
We want the ammonium nitrate for this project, as it will act as oxidizer.