Introduction: How to Strip Paint From an Auto Body Part
This video will show you step by step instructions on how to correctly strip paint from an auto body part.
Make sure to visit http://www.themechanicdoctor.com for more info, tutorials, tips and awesome resources for auto mechanics!!!
- Masking tape - P60 sandpaper - P180 sandpaper - Paint stripper - Paintbrush - Scrapper - Polyethylene film
1. First, cover the surrounding areas or simply remove the hood.
2. Use some masking tape and cover the edges of the hood.
3. Roughly sand the surface to strip using a P60 grit sandpaper.
4. Wipe the surface using a shop rag.
5. Spread the paint stripper on the surface using a paintbrush.
6. Cover the hood with polyethylene film.
7. Let sit for a while.
8. Scrape off the residue.
9. And do it all over again! Sand, apply stripper, cover, let sit, scrape, rinse, wipe.
10. Remove the masking tape.
11. Clean the hood using surface cleaner.
12. Use an orbital sander equipped with P180 sandpaper to remove any paint left.
13. That's it!
If you liked this video and found it helpful feel free to like, share, and comment to help us bring you even better content.
For more auto body repair and DIY car maintenance tutorials, make sure to visit
www.themechanicdoctor.com and to subscribe to our channel!
If you didn't find what you were looking for, send us a message with the model and year of your car and we will get back to you shortly with the best answer we can find.
For any question or suggestion, post a comment below or send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.