Keep in mind that this is for anyone who is learning to swim, If you are looking to improve your stroke check out some of the comments, they will get you well on your way.
p.s. Keep the comments coming, I'll try to use as many as I can to make this instructable the best it can be.
Step 1: What you'll need to get started.
- A trained lifeguard on duty. (You should never swim without someone keeping an eye on you, especially if you aren't comfortable with water above your head.)
- a kick board or a pull float. (I'm not sure if these are the cheapest out there, this is just the first thing a Google search turned up.)
- Swim peripherals (goggles, nose plugs, fins ect. Sometimes these tools make people feel more comfortable in the water but they are by no means necessary.)
- A friend (for encouragement, and possible aid during certain steps. Your friend can take the place of your floats if you are particularly light.)
- Bathing suit. (really depends on how close you are to the friend.)