Introduction: How to Take a Screenshot on IPhone 6
There are times that you may desire to take screenshots of the text messages, save Snapchat photos or the high scores you've achieved while playing games and other information that displayed on your newly bought iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Fortunately, it has never been a tough task to take screenshots on these Apple devices. To do this trick, just simply press the built-in shortcut or make use of third-party screenshot apps. You can check the more detailed steps below on how to Take a screenshot on iPhone 6.
Step 1: Method One: Pressing the Home and Sleep/Wake Button to Snap
Although, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have moved the sleep/wake button to a new location, however this screenshot function is still feasible and easy to use as ever.
- Display anything you want to snap on your iPhone 6 screen.
- Simply press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” button and then press the “Home” button. Once it’s done, you will hear a camera shutter which signifies that a screenshot is successfully taken.
- Once a screenshot is captured, it will be automatically saved to your iPhone 6 Camera Roll. Thus you can head to your Camera roll and check the screenshot you have just taken. And then you can set it as wallpaper, share it via text messages, social networks like Facebook/Twitter, or edit it with the default photo editing app.
Tips: the sleep/wake button on iPhone 6 has been moved from the top of the iPhone to the right side.
Step 2: Using Third-party Tool
Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder is mainly a tool for users to wirelessly mirror and record screen of iOS devices on Mac/Windows. But you can also use it to take screenshot of the iOS device's screen on computer. Below are the detailed steps of using it to take screenshot of iPhone 6.
- Download and install this iPhone/iPad recorder on your computer.
- Launch it, set your iPhone 6 and computer in the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the control center on your iPhone 6 and tap on "AirPlay".
- Then, you will see your computer name on the AirPlay list. Tap it and turn on the "Mirroring" option.
- After that, your iPhone 6 screen will be immediately projected on the computer. There you can find a camera icon on the projected screen. Tap it to take a screenshot.
- A new window will pop up with the screenshot in it.