Step 1: Supplies needed
1. White, cotton-based fabric (i.e. sheet, t-shirt, pillowcase)
2. Bags of black tea (number of bags depends on fabric size and color desired)
3. A clean tub (heatproof; either metal or steel), or sink with a stopper
(Note: we will refer to this as “tub-1,” used to hold hot water )
4. A second clean tub (either metal or plastic)
(Note: we will refer to this as “tub-2,” used to hold cold water)
5. 1-3 pots (large and clean)
9. Wooden spoon (or other stirring utensil)
10. Clothespins (optional)
11. Trash can
Step 3: PREP
Step 5: TUB-1 (heatproof tub or sink)
a. Warning: The water is scalding hot. Do not do not overfill your tub-1.
a. Note: The amount of bags you use depends on the darkness of the color you desire. More bags = darker color; less bags = lighter color.