Unlocking your phone is most times a necessary step, when you want to switch to a different carrier, use a local SIM while traveling to avoid high roaming charges or raise its value to sell it at a higher price.
If you’re in one of the 3 cases above or just want to learn about unlocking, you’ve come to the right place. I’m going to quickly walk you through the process and then show you an explainer video, because videos offer a faster, more interactive way to learn new things.
Don’t worry, you don’t need any technical skills to do this. You can basically send this article to your grandma, and she’ll do just fine.
How to Unlock Your BlackBerry Leap Using an Unlock Code
- Find a trusted unlocking service, go to their online form and select your phone’s manufacturer and model. After this, just click on ’Unlock Now’.
- Insert your phone’s IMEI in the required field. This is a 15 digit number that is unique for each device and it can found it by dialing *#06# on your phone or on the sticker under your battery, if your device has a removable one. Each of our unlock codes is calculated using your phone’s IMEI, so be very careful when you’re inserting it, as it’s very important for us to be the correct one.
- Select the country and network on which your BlackBerry is locked. Please be careful and do not select the network on which you want to use your phone after it’s unlocked, but the one that you originally bought your phone from.
- Insert the email address where you want the unlock code to be sent. Make sure the email address you put is correct, otherwise we will send the code to a wrong one.
- Last but not least, you need to choose a payment method. There are usually 3 different methods you can use in order to get your BlackBerry Leap unlock code: PayPal, Skrill and Credit Card. Choose the one that is most convenient for you and proceed to payment.
Once the order has been placed, you will receive a confirmation email and, shortly after, you will get a message with the unlock code for your phone.
After receiving the code, please follow these instructions in order to unlock your phone:
- Insert a SIM from an unsupported carrier into your BlackBerry, other than the original SIM card.
- Wait until your phone displays a message like “Enter Unlock Code” or “Sim Network Unlock Pin”. Enter the unlock code we provided into the blank field.
The message “Network Successfully Unlocked” will be displayed and your BlackBerry is now ready to use with any carrier around the world. Take a look at the quick video attached from UnlockUnit that walks you through the entire process in under 2 minutes.