Here is what you need:
1. Bottles. Thick wine and champagne bottles work best. Beer bottles are generally too thin. However, I have had good luck with Grolsch beer bottles and these make a nice set of glasses for the cabin or to give as a gift.
2. Bottle Cutter. I use the Diamond Tech G2 Bottle Cutter. There are a number of cutters out their but for the price this works well.
3. Gloves, eye protection, dust mask.
4. Boiling hot water.
5. Ice bath or snow bath.
6. Emory sanding cloth: Coarse, Medium and Fine grits.
Step 1: Step 1: Cutting your bottles
2. Set up your bottle cutter and adjust to the height you want for your cut. Put on your eye protection.
3. Hold your bottle firmly in your gloved hand while you make a single score around the bottle. If you make more than one score the glass will not separate properly when heated and cooled.