Introduction: How to Wear a Saree to Look Slim
For a detailed explanation watch the YouTube video above.
- Use a chiffon or a Georgette sari for this method.
- Tuck the end of the sari [non pallu end] on the right side and bring it around the waist to the back side.
- Tuck it in fully while doing the same.Bring it towards the front again and leave some length of the fabric and tuck on the left waist.
- Draping the sari over bring it to the front. Make pleats for the pallu and secure it over the left shoulder. Now make the pleats in the front and tuck it in the center.
- Secure the pallu on the upper back with more pins for the sari to give neater appearance.
- Slightly raise the remaining portion of the Sari on your back, bringing it up under the right arm and over the left shoulder so that the end of the Sari falls to about the level of your knees.
- The end portion thus draped, from the left shoulder onwards, is called the Pallav or the Pallu, and can be prevented from slipping off the shoulder, by fastening it at the shoulder to the blouse with a small safety pin.
- Get hold of the decorative end of the saree (pallu) and pleat the top edges of the pallu.
- Adjust the pleats until they are even and raise the pleated pallu. Bring it under your right arm and place it over your left shoulder.
- Let the end of the saree fall below your knees.
- You can even unfold the pleats and drape the pallu over the shoulder if you want the pallu to fall elegantly over your arm.
- Secure the pallu with a safety pin from the inside of the blouse and then you are as beautiful as a star! TIPS: Adorn the saree with a beautiful brooch and you will look classy.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.